Covid- 19 Update 4th July 2020
Changes to the Stage 2 plan
I hope that you are all safe and well and where possible taking advantage of the opportunities to get back on the water. This weekend we enter a new phase of the slow return to normality and, while we are still working on the next three stages of our “ Get back to Safe sailing” Plan- Sailability, Training and Coaching and Double handed sailing, I wanted to update you as follows-
- Thanks to the Estates team (Neil and Catherine Holden, John McGuinness and Kevin Marshall) the changing room redecoration has been completed including new heaters and a full clean and disinfect. The hand dryers are currently de-commissioned in accordance with government regulations. Supplies of hand towels are available.
- The changing rooms are now open for access to the toilets and Neil has designed a one way system for you all to follow. I know restrictions are being eased but please follow the system and be wary at the pinch points. The Accessible toilet should now only be used by our disabled members.
- Please do not use the changing rooms apart from access to the toilets. Continue to come to the club changed or change discreetly in your cars. The showers are not in use.
- The changing rooms and toilets will be cleaned three times a week by Bourne Cleaning.
- The clubhouse, workshops, training rooms and office are open for access only by keyholders
The Stage 1 General Sailing and the Stage 2 Limited Racing are going well and no major changes are planned for these at this time. In view of the reduction in social distancing we have revised the Plan and will remove the requirement for only one boat to be on each jetty at one time. But please keep to the one metre plus rule in launching and recovery and advise GC members of any issues.
The Clubhouse, galley and bar remain closed and we have no immediate intention of reopening these at this time. We are however arranging for the terrace canopy to be erected to provide sheltered outside space for non-sailors. This will be done over the coming week
The Club Manager remains on furlough. All emails to the Office are being monitored by the Rear Commodore and I am pleased to say that we continue to attract new members
The next Virtual General Committee meeting will take place on Tuesday evening and I will update you on any key decisions in the next Commodores Newsletter