Covid- 19 Update 5th August 2020
Stage 3 Plan Launched
We have now revised our approach to "Staying safe on the water". Our new Stage 3 Plan can be downlanded below. I ask you all to read and action the plan.
Key changes are as follows:
- Sailing in two handed boats with non family members is permitted subject to restrictions.
- Additional clarification on groups and gatherings is included
- Members may now bring a guest to the club
- Operation of safety boats rules have now changed with a requirement for all safety boat crew to carry, and if necessary, use a face mask or face covering. These will be sent out under separate cover
- A limited take away bar service is now in operation subject to availability of members to man it
- The bar (And galley when reopened) is now a cashless operation so a card will be needed. Bar is now off limits except to those volunteering. Please feel free to wear masks or face coverings when ordering from the bar
- The new plan has codified the reintroduction of youth training and the hoped for restart of Sailability on Thursdays subject to this weeks further trial
Clarity is provided on what you can do and what cannot at this time which hopefully will assist
A further revision to By-Law 3 has been introduced and it is required that you all read this and comply in full please
It is essential that you all continue to log-in if you are attending the club for any reason. Log-in will be on Casual sailing web page, racing log-in sheets or Youth, Sailability or MYG specific systems
As more of you are now sailing it is anticipated that you may wish to help the club to keep all activities going. If you wish to volunteer for race or safety duties please contact the Sailing Secretary or Vice- Commodore. If you can volunteer to help with the bar please contact the Rear Commodire
Any comments or suggestions on the Stage 3 Plan please contact me